Mixing It Up

I've not had much time to create art these days... time flies so fast! But last month, I managed to get a few hours all at once :) Very grateful! I was waiting to post the art off to its owner (its for a swap) but its hiding at the moment! I figure if I post it in my blog it might reappear :) You never know!

Having a theme of "Pink" made it hard to start... but I soon got going. 


The outside was created using both the Dina Wakley and Dylusions (white) acrylic paints through a few stencils (Tim's "Scribble" and Dylusions' "Hearts" and "Flossie"). Then I added Ranger's translucent texture paste in matte using the heart stencil again and with a spatula, scraped the paste over different areas.


The quote stamp I used is "Good Bra" by Darkroom Door, stamped with black ink after the page was dry.

The doodling was drawn with a black Graphik line maker (Derwent) and white Sharpie (waterbased). You could also ise the groovy new Dylusions paint pens :)


The inside was created in a similar way, but without the texture paste. The flowers and butterflies are a serviette while the dragonfly is a diecut shape cut out of white card.


The quote is a Stampendous rubber stamp (such a lovely statement) inked with black StazOn.



The cute little bird is stamped with white Tim Holtz Distresss ink (Picket Fence) and doodled over with my white Sharpie.



So that's my first DAJ :) I enjoyed mixing it up with paints, stencils and serviettes. Art is so much fun!

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

Comments