Scribble Sticks go to the Circus

My latest art journal page for a swap with friends for the theme of "circus".

Hand drawn and painted onto Liquitex acrylic paper using Dina Wakley's fabulous Scribble Sticks with a waterbrush. I also used Winsor & Newton Watercolour Paint Sticks (not much this time, mostly used Dina's) and Dylusions Paint Pens (the red and white) for a few details with a splash of white acrylic paint for the fabric.


I started with drawing red and white big top stripes using the ruby Dina Wakley art stick... but I got carried away and it was way too much for what I wanted, so sprayed it with water. This just turned it all into a red mess ... I used too much water! lol Things we do!

I then added blue and purple with the Dina Wakley art sticks and smooshed it all around with my fingers while it was still wet. The swirling purples gave me an idea so I dried off the middle circle, lifting off the excess.
You can just see the remains behind some areas of the purple.

With so much water used, I had to put it aside... no matter how much I waved air over it, it just wasn't drying!

The next day it looked ok :) Phew! 
I painted brown and red stripes inside the circle with black around the edge and also over the corners of the page.


The silk trapeze artist was drawn in pencil and painted using more DW sticks, as paint rather than using them direct on the page. I added layers and layers of red brush strokes for her hair before painting in the silk. Adding more red squiggly lines afterwards with Dylusions paint pen and even more curly lines in black.


It looked a bit plain... but the star dust Icestickles glitter glue soon fixed that and added that bit of glamour to her hair and leotard. Its amazing what a few spots of glitter will do :)

I like how its turned out :) Thanks so much for reading my blog post.

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

Comments