Me, Myself and Art

Sometimes a girl feels the need to talk about herself and the things she loves most in the world (apart from family, friends, animals and our planet). For me, that thing is ART!!!

I'm a bit of a craft nut... you all know this, and if you didn't, a quick stroll through my blog or Facebook page will show you.

In between working on logos and books, I draw, paint, create, crochet, knit and draw some more... and colour in! Projects on the go include ATCs for swaps, painting, cardmaking, tangling, art journaling, my Project Life album, scrapbook layouts, mixed media canvas of a pelican, cross stitched pictures (haven't touched for years but still will finish one day), a large embroidered tablecloth (that my Dad started for his Mum when he was 19 yo), a wool embroidered blanket, crocheted fingerless gloves, scarves and beanies, and knitted kittens... keeps me out of trouble!

Well, in Facebook I found a few groups that have challenges and swaps. These groups are so much fun and creative! 
The chatting and laughing is great - so many LOL's and OMG's and comments like "Wow! That's beautiful :)".

The Craft Crazy International group managed by a wonderful person named Janet. This group is so much fun, relaxed, friendly and crafty - all crafts, not just papercraft or knitting. Each month Janet puts up a challenge and we all create something to suit the theme and send her a photo. The judges vote and the winner is announced in the group... I won last month with my gorgeous little hand knitted kittens! 



Pretty exciting hey? No prizes, except all the amazing comments about the kittens :) Who needs a prize when you get all those warm fuzzies from comments and likes? And as a bonus, people are wanting to buy their own litter of kittens, so I'm now busy knitting little paws, ears, bodies and tails!

ATC Addiction group is a place for regular ATC and card swaps organised by two friends who love ATCs - the title says it all! Last month I created a set of ATCs using the Bandana Technique - a totally fun and relaxing style. 



Basically, colour the background of the cardstock with ink (any colour, I used Dylusions Ink Sprays), stamp with your favourite stamps and then chill out with a bit of tangling over the whole lot with a white pen. I also used a polka dot brad, white Smooch, acetate for the wings and some white Enamel Accents.

The Project Life Australia Group has a Swaps Group too - They love to make and create anything to do with memory keeping. The swaps I have discovered are the Journal Card Swaps. 

Last month was "Stars" but I totally lost track of the days and didn't have time to post them in. Luckily for me, this month is all about stamped images! Yay :) My little fairy ballerinas can be used for the March swap. They've been spritzed with Glimmermist, stamped and then coloured with markers and gel pens.



I find the Project Life Group swaps a challenge to keep things nice and flat, without all the textured paints and embellishments that I love to use.
But challenging ourselves is good, it keeps our brains thinking outside the box and that usually means we get great results. Usually. Thankfully, with a bit of practice I'll improve!!! At least it photographed well.

I simply love all art and craft. I feel that its an important part of life, therefore should be a regular thing to do for everyone. Even if its just looking at art or doodling a scribbled abstract while you're on the phone. 

Could be why I'm attracted to these groups on Facebook - its all about the creativity! Love it :D

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

Comments